Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heat Wave, Day 5, Part II...

It is now 88F and the heat index is 108F.  Today is not the day to forget coleslaw or potato salad in the backseat of your car.  I hope there aren't any people out there who think it'll be o.k. to leave their kid(s) in the car for "just five minutes" today...


It's supposed to cool down and be livable by Saturday.  I can hardly wait. 


Quick experiment:  Can listening to Christmas carols make a girl feel better on a day like this?  We shall see...




4 comments:

Just me said...

Christmas songs are definitely fun in summer - I listened to a lot last month :D

Lily said...

Christmas music does help a bit. So does looking at pictures of snowy landscapes. I still wish I were in Alaska, though. We are actually hotter than Phoenix right now.

Just me said...

I don't know what Phoenix is like, but you should come here - it's 59F and raining all the time.

Lily said...

59F and constant rain is adream come true for me! I hate the heat like poison but I'm a girl who loves a good, chilly, rainy, gloomy day. We have such extremes here in the Midwest. Summers can be just terrible and winters are brutal. Spring and Autumn are sort of a toss-up. Example: We had a huge snowstorm on April 20th that dumped 10 inches on us. Spring was really chilly but now we're sweltering. I swear, if I ever become enormously wealthy, I will spend each summer in Alaska or the Pacific Northwest, along the coast. It almost never gets nasty there.