Monday, July 11, 2011

Judging A Book By Its Cover...

Fairly recently, I attended an exhibit at the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum in Neenah, WI., that blew me away.  It was all about books as an art form.  Three book artists gave a little lecture about their craft and what little I could pick up on was great.  I didn't hear as much of the talk as I would've liked, due to the other patrons conversing among themselves, screwing around with their cellphones, allowing their children to run about whilst shrieking, plus the dude next to me was PICKING HIS DAMN NOSE!!! but I did catch a few things, like how they make their own paper and their own ink, and can turn the most mundane objects into works of art.  The following pictures are proof of that.  I think the "books" that delight me the most are the one that was made out of the walnut shell and the one made out of glass (photo #2).

Some people are remarkable!  It's good to know that you don't have to use a computer/internet for everything, and I rejoice when I see that people have talent that isn't cookie cutter-esque.  








































1 comment:

Joy said...

What a cool exibit!!