Friday, April 22, 2011

Blah, boring evening.

I wish I had something exciting and fabulous to post.  Instead, all I've done this evening is eat too much pizza, watch the Buffalo-Philadelphia game, do some laundry, and sort of clean off my computer desk a little.  That's it.  Ooh, I might go to the grocery store a bit later.  Real exciting stuff here.  The trouble with refusing to stand on my head anymore for people (not just C.G.) means that my friend base is considerably diminished and I pretty much have nobody to hang out with on the weekends, which is the time I feel most loser-ish unless I have something fab to do.  Well, this will be good impetus to get off my duff and go meet new people.  One of the area museums is gearing up for a new exhibit in a few weeks and as of a few days ago, was looking for volunteers to hang new art up around the joint.  If they're still in need of a hand, it might behoove me to get down there and drive a few nails, make a few new acquaintances.  I'll have to look into this further.

It's a gloriously rainy, chilly night.  The air smells and feels wonderful in spite - or perhaps because of - the chill.  All I want to do is get in the car and go for a long, long drive.  Unfortunately, gas is up to $3.89/gallon and the hoopty is still in need of repairs.  I'd almost be willing to cruise around downtown to see if C.G. is in action but I know that that's a very bad idea.  I admit it, I am having C.G. withdrawl.  Saying I'm not going to give a damn about him anymore and actually not giving a damn about him anymore are two different things.  This is what happens when events conspire to keep me at home, when what I really want is to go out and have some class of an adventure.

Enough complaining.  Moaning and whining is not the way to improve matters.  

No comments: