Friday, May 18, 2012

Give Until It Hurts, Part Four...

...For once, it didn't hurt.  I got my baby into the garage last Friday morning and they said they'd call if they found the problem.  A couple hours later, they called to say they couldn't find the dilemma.  This had me worried.  I was envisioning something horrible that would cost the GNP of China, like the differential.  A short time later, the garage called to say the problem had been located and the car could be picked up on Monday.


I stewed all through the weekend, wondering how in hell I was going to come up with the money for this repair.  Monday morning, I got a nice surprise.  The total on the invoice was $0.00.  I'm pretty sure I wet my pants.


Apparently, the trouble was with the new wheel bearing they had installed a week previously.  Somehow, one of the little balls in the bearing had broken in half and this was responsible for the horrendous grinding, scraping, clunking, metallic spinning I was hearing whenever I drove.  Miracle of miracles, all the new parts were still under warranty, hence the $0.00 price tag.


Once in a while, you come out ahead.  This was a treat.  I cannot begin to tell you of my relief.  I'm still giddy.




On another note, the T-Tapp is going extremely well.  For any of you who want to get in shape, improve your health, shed inches, I strongly recommend looking into T-Tapp.  


Over the past two weeks, I participated in a little T-Tapp challenge: The 10-day, Organs In Place/Half Frogs (aka OIP/HF) and Awesome Legs challenge.  OIP/HF and Awesome Legs are known for paring down the belly and thighs in a damn fast hurry.  They look deceptively simple but the results are mindblowing.


I was dying to get into my goal pants, so I decided to do the challenge.  I read the challenge thing wrong on the Facebook page and ended up going 13 days before I realized I only needed to do 10 days.  The results were wonderful.  After about 4-5 days of the challenge, I noticed that I could get into my goal pants and I barely had to suck in my gut.  


As of Tuesday morning, my goal pants fit almost perfectly in the waist.  Not only that, but the rest of the clothes in my closet fit.  The skirts, the 2 pairs of khakis, the tops.  Best of all, there's a noticeable difference in how my black sheath fits across my tummy.  Between Sunday and Tuesday, it became a little bit looser and looks better on.  And I can actually sit more comfortably in it.  I was even able to get into a skirt that's  the next size down.  It's tight and I look a little like a stuffed sausage, but I can get into it.  


I am so thrilled with my results, I can barely see straight.


Next week, I believe I shall switch T-Tapp workouts.  I'm currently doing the 17-minute Basic Tempo workout and enjoying it.  But I think it's time to up the ante a little bit.  Next week, I may just switch to the 50-minute Total Workout.  I've done Total before.  It's really tough but it's worth it.  I think that if I switch to Total and keep doing OIP/HF and Awesome Legs, I'll melt off even more pork.  The switch depends on whether or not I go to Mark and Rae's next weekend.  If I go, I'll have to postpone the switch, because whenever I visit, I come home sore (especially in my knees) from all the farm chores and the soreness usually lasts about a week or so.  I want to be strong and ache-free when I move on to Total Workout (aka TWO).  


It's been an excellent few days... 

No comments: