Monday, May 14, 2012

Pretty Good Weekend...

I freakin' love it when I make a certain dress in my closet my goal dress, and I try it on to see how much work it'll take to get into it properly and THE DAMN THING FITS!


I have a black sleeveless sheath dress that I bought over ten years ago.  It came as a 3-piece affair: dress, long A-line coat and trousers.  Even though I've had these pieces a long time, the dress and coat are so classic that they'll still be appropriate 10 years from now.  Talk about $40 well spent!


Yesterday, I figured I'd better designate a new goal outfit to keep me motivated.  I knew I'd be into those black trousers really soon and the goal would be met, so I'd need a new goal.  I chose the sheath dress and matching coat.  



I tried on both to see how they'd fit.  The verdict:  The coat is rather tight across the middle, due to my muffin top, however, I can get it buttoned and it doesn't pull very much at all.  The rest of the coat fit nicely, especially in the arms and shoulders, two areas that can get awfully tight if you're rubenesque.  This encouraged me, so I tried on the dress.  It fits really nicely.  The only part that is a bit tight is where my muffin top hits it, but it's not bad at all.  It fits perfectly in the shoulders, armholes, back, hips and bust.  My goal is to be able to wear this dress and sit/bend over comfortably in it.  


Something else I've noticed:  My feet seem to be a bit smaller.  I have two pairs of high heels that I've never been able to wear comfortably.  They've always been just a bit too tight.  They seem to be perfect now.  I'd heard about women who lost weight and went down 1/2 to 1 whole shoe size.  I pray I'll be one of them.  I'd always been a size 10 and then when I began to really bulk up, I found myself needing 11s half the time.  Worse still, I ended up needing a wide width.  That's just tragic.  I'd be well pleased if I went back to a 10M.  If I get to a 9 or a 9 1/2, they'll have to sedate me.  


Another thing I've heard is that some people actually grow an inch or two in height after losing a great deal of weight.  Now, I haven't noticed a difference in my height but I'd love it if I'd grow a bit taller.  When I was 18, the doctor measured me and I was 5'8".  I got remeasured a couple years ago and I'd shrunk to 5'7 1/2".  I really, really hope I'll grow as the de-larding process continues.  I hope I make it up to 5'9 or a tiny bit over that.  


I got to spend Saturday with my fabulous nieces, brother and sister-in-law.  This was the first time my family was able to get together since this past November.  We actually got to open Christmas presents.  They were going to come for Christmas, but my 13-yr. old niece got strep throat, the 15-yr. old and my brother got the flu, and we all had a series of nasty colds that squelched all subsequent Yuletide joy.  Not only that, but our schedules have been crazy.  My babies are busy with Taekwondo and gymnastics, plus one is in high school and the other one is finishing up junior high.  The ladies have pretty heavy academic loads.  Finally, we adults have our work and obligations, so it's no wonder we couldn't get together.  Anyway, I got to knock off and spend several hours cruising the mall with two of my favorite people in the entire universe.  


My brat comes home from the mechanic tomorrow.  I'm scared to death of seeing the price on the invoice.  I'm praying it'll be $300 or less.  If it's over $500, it'll slay me.  I'm thinking it's probably high time I start thinking about a good used car.  Unless I win the lotto (hint, hint, God!), in which case, to hell with used (I'd get a kick-ass 2013 Nissan Altima if I had the means).  My birthday is in less than two weeks so my fingers are crossed.  Wouldn't that be a gorgeous birthday gift?  To win a $100 million jackpot?  I'd have to be sedated...


Finally, speaking of birthday gifts, I was chatting with my mom a couple of hours ago, and I said, "You know, for several years I've thought that it'd be nice if I could lose a certain amount of weight or shrink a size or two by or before my birthday.  It just occurred to me that my birthday is in less than two weeks and I'm already down two sizes.  I just gave myself an early birthday present".


Have a nice week, everybody... 

No comments: