Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chocolate Cake That Won't Make Your Bum Big...

I just tried a new recipe I found in a magazine, courtesy of Hungry Girl (www.hungry-girl.com).  It's really quite good and satisfies those dreadful, give-me-chocolate-or-I-will-kill-somebody cravings without causing one's backside to fall out of their Levi's.

1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 tsp. mini chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. devil's food cake mix
1 Tbsp. fat-free sour cream
1 Tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. baking powder.
 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
dash of salt


Coat an 8-oz. mug microwave-safe mug with cooking spray; fill with coffee granules and mini chocolate chips.  Add 2 Tbsp. hot water and stir til ingredients have dissolved.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Microwave for 1 min., 45 sec.  Allow too cool slightly.

I forgot to buy the fake eggs at the store earlier and I had low fat sour cream, rather than fat-free, I forgot the sweetener packet and salt,  plus my chocolate chips were the regular size, but this recipe turned out flippin' fabulous!  I don't believe in everything being fat-free or artificially sweetened anyway.  If the Good Lord had intended on making everything fat-free, He wouldn't have invented chocolate in the first place.  Or pizza.  Or tacos...God is good!

No comments: