Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's Been A Good Day Already...

The computer's operating as it should, the car is behaving itself beautifully (much to my relief), I just heard my favorite song (G n' R's Sweet Child O' Mine) and I've come from the bakery with good bread and a couple of lovely treats.  I have more than enough good books to get me through the heat wave that's coming (it's supposed to be 94F tomorrow with a heat index of at least 105F - yuck, yuck, YUCK!!!).  I picked up two books on the BBC list: Choderlos de Laclos' Les Liaisons Dangereuses  and Dumas' The Three Musketeers.  And, I got some great feedback on my writing endeavors.  I called my favorite cousin early this morning for her opinion and she said she can't wait to hear more.  I'm rewriting what I have so far because I felt like my normal voice wasn't coming through. Also, my original hero and heroine were a couple of saps and if they're sappy, then in my opinion, the whole story is gonna suck, so I'm making the chick more intrepid (but with a heart) and the dude an arrogant jackass.  He's got to be a jackass because I think I might have her take him down several pegs and if he's miserable and pathetic like the original, I worry that the story won't be as juicy.  Of course, I could keep him abject and put-upon and she could remain an icy bitch and I could write his comedown from the approach of "Ain't life a bitch/crappy things happen to good people".  It's really a toss-up at this point.  But it's fun.

No comments: